Thursday, August 4, 2011

Entry #2 = success!

The fact that I'm typing this right now tells me that I'll be more commited to writing in this blog than I was the last time I tried to start a blog (8 months ago). I gave up on that blog after my computer decided to randomly turn itself off while I was just about to publish my very long, well thought out second post.

Anyways, today has been a great day so far. Whenever I wake up to the sun shining through my window (and not to my alarm), I wake up feeling happy, and with a great attitude to start my day. Mind you, having all of August off from work and school doesn't hurt my mood either (only my bank account..).

So I woke up today in a great mood, and spontaneously decided to make my long run today instead of tomorrow when I had planned to run it. It is afterall one of my easier weeks, so my long run for this week was only 20km (Ha! only 20km - still very tough in my books!)

I ran the 20km in 2 hours, 2 minutes, 2 seconds. Apparently I like the number 2. Here are my splits:

Mile 1: 10:01
Mile 2: 9:30
Mile 3: 9:58
Mile 4: 9:39
Mile 5: 10:01
Mile 6: 10:06
Mile 7: 9:54
Mile 8: 9:48
Mile 9: 9:51
Mile 10: 9:40
Mile 11: 9:48
Mile 12: 9:53
The last 693m: 3:47

I arrived home extremely sweaty. So much so that the sweat was pooling into my eyes and stinging/blinding me. I have experienced this lovely stinging sensation in my eyes before as a result of playing soccer in extreme heat and pouring rain, where I'm guessing the rain helped the sweat pour down into my eyes. But today I didn't even need the rain! Is it wrong that I'm a little proud of that? Has this happened to anyone else before? I'm wondering if it may be the interaction of my salty sweat and my contacts/contact solution. Any ideas as to what may be the cause of this eye stinging sensation?

I had a delicious post-run protein smoothie concoction, that I bet would have been a great thing for me to take a picture of to make this post prettier - but I didn't because this is all new to me.

I did however take a picture of my delicious lunch! It may not be pretty, but it was delicious! We're pretty low on groceries right now, so I basically used up the rest of the veggies and tried to be creative with what else was in the fridge, and followed my cravings. Voila the result:



I steamed some kale and carrots, then added some leftover brown rice, leftover chicken and sesame seeds to the pot, and poured in a random sauce made of soy sauce, orange juice, extra virgin olive oil, water, and pepper. I didn't measure how much of each ingredient I put in the sauce, but it ended up tasting really good! The orange juice resulted in a a nice sweet flavor, while the soy sauce provided that salty flavor that I crave after sweating so much.

I'm about to hit publish, and then I will officially be more successful with this blog than my last attempt. Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment