Tuesday, August 9, 2011

An Oatmeal Haiku

Oh oatmeal, where would us bloggers be without thou?

My typical bowl of oats requires a variety of flavours and textures to keep my tongue happy, and a variety of nutrients to keep my tummy happy. It also has to be super creamy

I usually start with a base of 1/4 smashed banana (for added sweetness), 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup water, 2 Tbsp egg whites (egg whites and extra liquid are for creaminess). Then, I mix in some sort of fruit, some sort of nut, some sort of yogurt, and some sort of nut butter.

It's simple really.

Today my bowl looked like this:



My toppings here included raisins (which I mixed in during the cooking process so that they would plump up), half of an apple, chopped up almonds, plain greek yogurt, and peanut butter.

The lighting unfortunately sucked because it's raining outside, and I had to rely on fake inside lighting. I tried to play around with the picture afterwards, but I wasn't really sure how to change it. I adjusted by instinct.

.. I don't think instinct was enough here.

I leave you with an oatmeal haiku:

Creamy and hearty
A blank canvas for flavours
The perfect breakfast

Stay tuned next time for an oatmeal limerick!

No comments:

Post a Comment