Saturday, October 29, 2011

Please don't leave me yet.

I find this time of year so bitter sweet.


The days are getting shorter.

The trees are getting barer.

The air is getting colder.

A foreshadowing of what is to come.



And yet, at this time of year, the air is more crisp and fresh. There's something about the air that makes me feel so much more alive than at any other time of year. I love how natural and whole it feels to breathe outside.

Taking walks in the fall is so calming.


I always get a little bit anxious in the fall, knowing that it'll be over before I know it, and dreading the thought of the cold, long, unfriendly winter. So I spend a lot of my time outside, taking it all in. And I spend the rest of my time worrying about how I should be outside, while I can still do so comfortably and enjoyably.

The fall is too short here.

No comments:

Post a Comment